Slow site? That's a bummer. Especially because your website speed matters. A lot.
From User Experience to SEO, you have a lot to lose if your site is not up to par with the current standards.
Let me give you just one number: visitors start abandoning your site heavily if it's not loaded after 3 seconds.
You should also know that Google uses your site load speed in its ranking algorithm. In short: if your site is slow, it will rank lower.
WordPress sites are hard to optimize. There are lots of variables. What theme you use and which plugins you use are 2 factors quite specific to WordPress.
Luckily for you, I can help you with that. Every site being different, not the same techniques will be used, but here is basic rundown of what my service includes:
- Reduce your web pages size: concatenation & minification of resources
- Better use visitor's browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc): leverage browser caching
- Load your site assets closer (geographically) from your visitors: use a Content Delivery Network*
- Reduce medias size: optimize images
- Reduce the amount of dynamic content generation: cache site pages
This is not an exhaustive list, but it covers the basics of what I'll do for you. Depending on your setup, I might do less or I might do more.
Please note that I could also be recommending you to change to a better hosting company.
* The use of a CDN may involve you taking a subscription. This is to be discussed at the beginning of your site optimization project.