This guide is aimed at helping service providers to prepare service applications that meet the standards required by the Envato Studio review team.
Choose the category that best suits the service you are offering. Below your selection, you will see the definition of services found in the selected category. Make sure your service fits within this description.
- Give your service a good descriptive title. Your service title should be a factual description of the service being offered, without non-factual adjectives (such as awesome, beautiful, amazing, incredible etc).
- Must read as a sentence in the following format: Retro Lettered Logo Design, Custom Double-Sided Business Card Design or High-End Fashion Retouching. Don't include your name or any taglines.
- Capitalize each suitable word within the description as per examples. Capitalize the first word and all other words, except for closed-class words.
- Should be free of hype-filled wording. Let your example images and/or Demo site do the talking as to how "awesome" your service is.
- Check your spelling!
- 100 character maximum length.
- No mention of price, revisions or turnaround time. There are specific places for this already.
Some acceptable titles:
- Retro Lettered Logo Design
- High-End Fashion Retouching
- Sketchy Manga Caricatures
- Logo Design
- Vectorized Character Design
- Responsive PSD to HTML
- Bold Event Flyers
- Fluid HTML & CSS Navigation Bar
Some unacceptable titles:
- Amazing, Gorgeous Vintage Lettered Greeting Cards (hype)
- Fast Logo Design (hype + speed is covered by turnaround time)
- ABS on LOGOS! (special characters + caps)
- Front End Web Designer (describes the provider, not the service)
- ****BEST**** Photo Retouching (hype + special chars + caps)
- I will design four flyers (not capitalized + a sentence not a title + out of scope promise)
- Search Engine Optimization - Make Your Site Appear in Google (contains a tagline)
- Wordpress theme customization (not capitalized)
Set the price for the job within the ranges provided, keeping in mind that we use US Dollars for all prices on Envato Studio. This price should be for the total cost of your service, including all revisions etc. Envato Studio does not offer per hourly pricing.
How quickly can you turn this service around? This can be set between 1 and 14 days, and should reflect the entire duration of the project (not the turnaround time for each individual revision). Not to be mentioned in the description.
How many revisions are you prepared to offer for this service? Not to be mentioned in the description.
This is your time to shine as a service provider so be creative, individual, and sell yourself and your service, whilst keeping within the Envato Studio User Terms (as well as the Service Provider Terms and Services Agreement).
Be very specific as to what exactly you are (and are not) offering and the scope or quantity of your service. For example if you are offering Photo Restoration services, be sure to mention how many photos you are willing to restore for the set price.
Examples of things that will cause our review team to reject your service application are as follows:
- Out-of-scope promises - Providers can't promise to do any work that falls outside of the category definition, or include any bonuses or incentives that would give them an unfair advantage (such as multiple final products, bonus digital files, or extra work that is outside the scope of the service).
- Poor attitude - For example, "I am SICK of buyers who do not know how to deal with freelancers. If your brief sucks I will REJECT you."
- Implying frequent rejection of buyers - For example: "I am very busy at the moment so will have to reject most jobs." Service providers should not offer any service that they can't fulfill at least 90% of the time.
- Not aligning with the Terms of Service - For example, providers can't promise things like additional revisions for $10, alternate payment methods, "no refunds", or anything else that falls outside of the Envato Studio Terms of Service.
- Including personal contact details - In order for Envato Studio Support to properly resolve any disputes which may arise, all job-related communication should take place on the Envato Studio job timeline. For this reason we ask service providers not to include or request any external contact details in their services.
- Qualifying buyers. For example, "Please do not purchase this service if you live in Italy, Uruguay or Turkey," or "To work with me, you must have a minimum of 5 transactions on the site."
- Use of special Unicode characters such as ∆, ©, ™, ★, ✔ etc. These tend to make the service copy look cluttered and unsightly. Keep it clean and simple.
- Not demonstrating care and attention to detail - Some spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are OK if it seems that, overall, you have put effort into the service description. A description like: "im really looking fwd to working with you and pls let me know if there r any other services i can do for you....." is not OK. Check your spelling and make sure that you're presenting yourself professionally.
- Use of HTML code - This is currently not allowed.
- Including price, revision or turnaround time anywhere other than the specified fields - This ensures that the correct information will always be displayed if you decide to change any of these details later.
- Mentioning techniques that do not follow industry best practices - for example, "I will design your logo in Photoshop PSD format" or "I will code a beautiful HTML table-based layout for you." Logos should be designed in vector format and table-based layouts are deprecated. HTML and CSS is now preferred for layouts.
Provide some information to the buyer about what you'll need to get the job started. For example if you're creating a logo, you might ask for samples of logos that the buyer likes. If you're converting a website design to HTML, you might ask for the design files in a specific format.
This text will be displayed on your service page below your description, so potential buyers will be able to read this before they order your service. Ideally your briefing guidelines will allow buyers to give you everything you need when they place their order, so you'll be able to get started straight away.
Don't request any contact details from buyers - as stated above, all communication will take place on the Envato Studio job timeline, so you shouldn't need to contact them externally.
Example images are in some way considered the most important aspect of your service listing as it visually represents what the buyer can expect to receive from your service. This is a great opportunity to show buyers what you are capable of.
Provide quality examples of relevant work created by you so that potential buyers can justify the payment requested for the service. Make sure that your provided example images meet our strict copyright/trademark requirements (see below for more detail).
Demo (Compulsory for Web Development services)
Demos are an excellent way to show prospective buyers your work in action. They'll be able to interact with it and inspect it at their leisure, giving them more confidence in your skills as a service provider.
When submitting a Demo, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your service's Demo should link to a relevant preview of the kind of work you will do for that service. This must not link to any unrelated websites or social media profiles.
- Providers must not override Envato Studio's branded navigation bar with their own styles.
- Demos must not contain any broken images, links, or anything that doesn't seem to be working correctly. They should display correctly in all modern browsers (latest versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox and IE). Differences between browsers are acceptable, but the page must not look broken in any way.
- When viewing the source code of your Demo, the code should appear well-organized. Layouts must be created with HTML and CSS. No table-based layouts, no Flash-based layouts, no deprecated HTML elements
- Inline CSS is not acceptable for anything but email templates. For example:
<h1 style="color:blue;">Hi!</h1> is not OK.
Comments for Reviewer
Here you can leave any further information that you think may help your service get approved. This may be such things as links to work on other freelance marketplaces or further links to your portfolios.
Copyright and Trademarks
Remember, it's the responsibility of the service provider to verify the copyright of assets used in examples, previews and end products. Envato and Envato Studio follow a DMCA procedure and items which are the subject of a DMCA notice will be taken down. There may be other consequences such as account disablement, freezing of funds, and potential legal action from copyright holders. Make sure you've read through our Content Policy as well as this very informative article about what assets you can use over on our Envato Help Center.
Acceptable Service Examples
Here are some services currently being offered on Envato Studio that we believe are excellent presentational examples to follow when creating your own service listings.